THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, September 19, 2011

New Laptop In My Future?










Over the weekend my laptop (which I spend most of my time working on as I watch my boys at the same time) started acting up. The screen wouldn't turn on, though it otherwise seemed to boot up okay. Then after a few minutes of no screen it would just shut down by itself.

It's an old, hand me down laptop that was convenient at first but with the birth of our second son has now become a necessity if I want to get anything done. So having it die on me was not cool. Add to that the fact that replacing it would mean a bit of a bite from our Spirit Blade Productions budget, which although always slowly improving, has yet to hit black. So having to buy a new laptop AND finance the 2-3 projects going into production soon would be a frustrating setback.

My laptop decided to boot up okay last night and today, but I've taken everything off of the hard drive in anticipation of a fatal crash in the near future, and will now begin looking for a replacement laptop to grab when this one finally dies.

(...grrr.)

No comments: