THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Still Cut Off From Xbox Live




















It's been two months now since my Xbox Live account was hacked. They told me on the phone that they were very backed up and so there would likely be a delay. A month later I got an e-mail from them telling me they were still backed up. They gave me a code I could use to create a free, temporary gold account. Perfect for me, since I don't play games online.

For awhile, it was no big deal to not have my account working. But now I've got some games I've purchased in the marketplace I'd like to re-download to play, and some other games that will only work when I'm connected to Xbox Live so they can verify I own my DLC. (An entirely different element of stupidity in modern gaming.) And unless I feel like repurchasing stuff I've already bought so I can use it while I wait for my account to be repaired, that free month of gold is still useless.

Lame.

Just sent them an e-mail on Tuesday and haven't even gotten an auto-response. Looks like I'll be listening to their hold music again sometime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, my 360 got the E74 a few weeks ago, and Microsoft wanted $120 to fix it. My friend Jayson got a used one at a pawn shop for LESS than that. Luckily I found a place here in Jacksonville that was able to fix it for $40. Still, it would suck major if my account was hacked. :(

Paeter Frandsen said...

E74? Is that the red ring or something else? Yikes!
I've taken the personal policy that Microsoft will not be getting any more of my money for consoles this generation. If the one I'm using now dies, like you I'm buying used or getting mine fixed by a 3rd party. I heard that Gamestop has a really good three-year warranty on their used 360s.