THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Descent Day!

Today I'm spending all day at my brother-in-law's house. He ran into some free time to play "Descent" with me, and since I can make up the work-load at SBP whenever I feel like it, I jumped at the chance.


Stakes are pretty high right now. His valiant group of heroes didn't survive the last quest, and this one will be even harder. He'll need to take advantage of every skill and spell he has at his disposal. And even though I'm assuming the role of "Overlord", I'll be rooting for him just as much as I'm trying to kill him.


Never played "Descent" before? You don't know what you're missing! If you ever played and enjoyed Milton Bradley's "Hero Quest", this game will make you drool with delight.
A group of heroes, controlled by one or more players, makes their way through a game board dungeon. The game board comes in puzzle pieces, with dozens of layouts available, so the game is never the same twice!
One player acts as the "Overlord" and controls all the monsters, traps and everything else that isn't a hero. If you're not into RPGs, but like fantasy movies and books, give this game a try! Best boardgame...EVER!


Check it out: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/descent.html

No comments: