THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, August 25, 2008

Free Stuff!!



This is turning into the "Week Of Cool Hand-Me-Downs"!

A few days ago my sister offered me her old Dell laptop computer since they are upgrading to a mac. I'm a PC guy myself, so even though they said it's not really fast and always has to be plugged in because the battery won't hold a charge anymore, I'm pretty stoked!

I'll finally be able to take my work on the road with me when we visit my wife's family, or when I'm doing subbing gigs during the week! Up until now, if I want to get some writing done away from home, I have to use pencil and paper and then transfer it all to computer later on.

(I'm also gonna see if it will play Neverwinter Nights, but I'm not holding my breath.)

Yesterday, my parents called to see if we wanted their old TV, since they are upgrading as well. It's nothing fancy. Old school, not high def. But much bigger than my standard quality, 12-inch tv I use in my "fun room" to play 360 on. So although my image isn't any sharper, it's definately bigger!

Free stuff rocks!

No comments: