THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Free D&D Adventure Modules!



I'm not a big fan of D&D. I've played it once or twice and had fun, but the rules are a little more complicated for GMing than I like. I've finally found a Fantasy RPG rules system that I dig in "Eldritch". (http://www.goodman-games.com/eldritch.html) But since it's a new game produced by a smaller game company, it just doesn't have the kind of support D&D has had for decades. Support that I have to rely on since I'm no longer in college with time to burn creating adventures and elaborate plots.

Luckily, the internet exists and I can jump over to Wizards Of The Coast's website for some free stuff! They maintain an archive of old edition D&D material that I'm adapting for use in my Eldritch game. It only takes a few minutes to generate monster and traps stats in Eldritch, and the rules lend themselves to creating enemies and scenarios that balance well with your group of heroes. So all I really need is the plotline, some maps and descriptive text, which I can get in these old D&D modules!

If you want to check them out for yourself, visit: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

No comments: