THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Supernatural, So Far...



... so good!

I'm about halfway through the first season and I'm enjoying the show so far! I think I got used to Dean's acting style and they haven't played up sexiness in the show to the degree I was afraid they would.

The only two episodes I really haven't liked so far are "Hook Man" and "Bugs".

The main issues with both episodes is that they have no connection to the advancement of the overall plot and did very little to advance the characters of either Sam or Dean. "Hook Man" also has some lame bibliology attached to it that rubbed me the wrong way, but that's unfortunately inevitable in this genre, where the motifs of Christianity are usually pulled from a sort of superstitious Catholicism and are defined heavily on tradition and only very loosely on biblical content.

Oh well. The rest has been GREAT!

No comments: