THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Obliterating Oblivion























I've finally "finished" Elder Scrolls: Oblivion on the 360, including the two expansions available for it. But with only about 100 hours logged, I know I've only played through about half of what the game has to offer on a single, exhaustive run through everything.

Oblivion gates are no longer available to me, since I beat the main game long ago before doing the expansion material. But honestly, I don't really miss them. Despite how cool they looked, the experience of exploring and shutting down gates became repetitive. I WILL miss the cool sigils I earned from those missions, though. You can use them to power up weapons. Looks like I've got the best I'm going to get in that department.

So what now? I've saved the world and everyone loves me. Yet there are a number of paths I haven't gone down because they involved criminal behavior I didn't want to stain my record with. But now that I've done all I can as the savior of this world, I think I'll see what fun I can have destroying it. All those off-limits items lying around are going in my sack! I'm coming for your household trinkets, Tamriel! I'll take down an army of city guards and my name will spread in infamy across the land! Bwahahahahaaaa!

No comments: