THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Need Some New Fantasy
















Crap. I thought I'd found one. I thought I'd found a new author whose books I could throw myself into and enjoy for their fast pacing and focus on character. David B. Coe did a great job on his first trilogy, the "Lon Tobyn Chronicles". Won an award for it too, which is no shocker.

Too bad his follow up series, in a different world and running twice as long, feels completely different.

It's all cultural/court politics and intrigue. Yuck.

I wish so much there was a fancy device I could plug my favorite authors' names into that would then spit out an author recommendation for me. And I mean one that actually works. For some reason, Amazon.com thinks that because I like Brent Weeks or Terry Goodkind, I'll also like Robert Jordan. (What the crap?? Jordan writes three paragraphs for every strand of lace on a woman's dress! When is something going to HAPPEN already?!)

So here I am, stuck again with nothing to read that suits my tastes. Ugh... The hunt begins anew. yay.

2 comments:

kevbayer said...

IF you like characters, and dragons, try E. E. KNights "Age of Fire" series. The main characters are Dragons, told from their point of view. It's an excellent series.

Paeter Frandsen said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll keep an eye out at the bookstore tomorrow!