THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scratchin' The Itch



I think I've finally zeroed in on my first "keeper" Xbox 360 game. Although, as reviews indicated, the heavy attention to character slows the pace of "Lost Odyssey", for a fan of classic Japanese style RPGs, the turn-based battle system and attack/spell animations are scratching just the itch in need right now.

So far, I've found the voice acting to be very well done and the characters to be interesting. As long as the pace doesn't get any slower than it is now, I should have a lot more to like than dislike about this game.

No sign of summoned monsters, which would really cap things off, but that may be a little much to ask for.

No comments: