THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, November 17, 2008

It's Good To Be Behind The Times!













I inherited a particular gene from my dad. My sisters and I call it "The Frandsen Cheap Gene".

Growing up, we were always a few years behind the latest gadgets and technology. We were among the last to get the original Nintendo Entertainment System.

I've carried on the tradition, buying most game system just before or just after they hit their peak. My purchase of an Xbox 360 last summer even felt a little early for me. It still does. Despite the 360 having more turn-based RPGs than any other current gen system, none of them have been satisfying to me. There don't seem to be enough games for this system yet! But since I didn't have the original Xbox, I now have access to a few games that I didn't before through the 360's backwards compatability.

So even though many of you are immersed in gamer bliss with the most cutting edge titles, HD tvs, incredible graphics and surround sound, I'm still completely geeking out over Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic, which I have never played before! (I also hear there's a sequel!)

And when I'm in the mood for fantasy, I'm STILL digging on "Neverwinter Nights"! (And yeah, I mean the first one.) Did I mention I'm still looking forward to finishing Diablo 2?

Yeah, I know. I'm out of touch and behind the times. But I'm a geek and hopelessly uncool anyway. So don't bother me with the superficials. These games rock and I'm getting them for less than half price!!


Thanks for making us wait, dad!

No comments: