THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, March 1, 2010

The U.C.B








My wife and I have started a band. It's pretty awesome. We're gaining a following in London and Berlin but haven't made it really big yet. We call ourselves "The U.C.B.", the Ultimate Cover Band. We only do cover tunes. That's it. But we can play ANY cover tune. Seriously. Any tune they throw at us, we can perform for the masses. We even play these things called "Mystery Sets" where we don't even know what we're going to play before we start. We just start playing and magically we find ourselves performing a cover tune for a well-known band.

I had no idea I could play guitar so well. I'd never picked one up before last October, but suddenly I can shred some of the hardest solos in rock history like they're nothing. Songs I've never even heard before. I know, I'm amazing, right?

Next week I think I'll audition to play in the worship band at my church. God must be leading me to do it if I have all these mad skills. I just hope the worship pastor will let me do all the songs on easy or medium. I try to avoid using that orange button.

No comments: