THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, August 20, 2010

Next Stop, Baldur's Gate













Well, Stella Deus didn't work out, so I'll be returning it today and starting my search for a copy of Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 with their expansions. These games were made by Bioware, who has made all of my very favorite video games in recent years. So even though the graphics will be dated, I've heard the game play is amazing and I've learned through experience that Bioware has to try really hard to screw things up.

Just hope I can get my hands on Baldur's Gate in time for my vacation in a week!

2 comments:

Rohelf said...

Dude, get used to hearing "You must gather your party before venturing forth." ;) I've played and enjoyed BG, but that sound clip gets very annoying very quickly...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up! I wonder if their use of that phrase in Dragon Age was an in-joke or just happenstance? (Same folks made both games.)