THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, January 4, 2008

No! My Precious Low Frequencies!!



Our home theatre's Subwoofer has woofed its last woof. Yesterday while watching a DVD at very low levels, our subwoofer suddenly popped twice and went silent. After a complete investigation, the time of death was recorded and a few brief words were spoken over the wonderful grey box that had brought joy to our home and buzzing to our butts.

Although we obviously plan to replace it (with a little upgrade while we're at it) it may be a few weeks or (shudder) even longer before we can save up the money to do so.

Until then, I'm plagued with a desire to watch all the cool DVDs I got for Christmas, while knowing that I cannot, lest the experience be spoiled by inferior sound quality.

Alas, I am now going through my DVDs and watching all the special features and documentaries (since you don't really need to "feel" Richard Donner's voice as he talks about directing Superman) that I have. This will only last so long however, and I fear that my need for a "fix" may cause me to despair.

Hmm. My SISTER just had a new home theatre installed. Maybe it's time for a visit...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come on over!!!