THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Friday, September 5, 2008

Portable Gaming At Last!!











This week, my sister gave me her "hand-me-down" laptop computer. It's a 2005 Dell. Nothing cutting edge, but SUCH a cool thing to have! Primarily, it's cool because I can take my creative work with me to my day job gigs, allowing me to not lose an entire day of personal work while "paying the bills".
But on a blog like this, that's not the most FUN thing to mention! Finally, I can take my gaming on the road! Whether it's a hotel on a road trip, or visiting family out of town, I've got a laptop that (so far) can play my favorite PC games whenever I want!
For me, vacations are about "vacating" my mind, more than anything, so escapist entertainment is a key part of the vacation definition. But often, when we go out of town, I have to leave much of my best escapist entertainment at home, partially defeating the purpose of a vacation in the first place!
So if you can't tell, I'm pretty excited that I can bring Neverwinter Nights and Diablo 2 with me when we go away for awhile, as we'll be doing a for a week, about one week from now.
Anyway, I've spent the whole night downloading, installing and testing software. I totally spaced on doing my podcast, so I need to go to bed so that I'll have the energy to pull that off tomorrow!
See ya!

No comments: