THE NEW HOME FOR "PAETER'S BRAIN"!

Paeter is no longer posting to this blog. His new reviews and thoughts on geek entertainment (including all those previously posted here!) can now be found conveniently organized and archived at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Sarah's Back!


"Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles" is back for a new season and off to a pretty good start.
I'm wishing right now I could have watched the season finale again before this, as the recap they gave was weak and I felt lost for the first 5 minutes.
I love seeing terminators beat up and looking terrible, yet still pushing on toward their goal. Like some kind of invincible zombie. With the female terminator (crap, I've GOT to try and remember that character's name!) blowing a fuse and going "bad" this episode, we get to see John and Sarah run from her most of the time.
Some great action beats punctuated the episode, although the writing was a little weak at times. While it was great writing to have Summer Glau pleading with John not to kill her (as a trick), it was pretty lame to have John recklessly put the chip back in her head just before they went through with burning her body. I guess it must have "felt like the right thing to do." (Sigh.)
Anyway, I'm glad the show is back. Hopefully some free weekly entertainment again will help me get out of the red in my "fun money" category this month!

No comments: